To create products that are beautiful, functional, and delightful.
- Years of product management experience launching and improving
software at Google along with experience personally creating
products as an entrepreneur.
- An education in library and information science in addition to
computer science that brings a unique perspective to projects.
Senior Director of Product Management, Yahoo (2013 – present)
Esports (2015 –)
- Product lead for Yahoo Esports
- Led cross-functional team from concept to launch in 100 days (launched 3/1/2016)
- Expands Yahoo's premier Sports franchise into professional gaming world,
with a comprehensive offering encompassing video, editorial, schedules
and results across web, mobile, and video application platforms
Weather (2013 – 2015)
- Product lead for Yahoo Weather mobile applications
- Consistently ranked in top 5 apps in weather category in Apple App Store & Google Play
- Concept to launch of Yahoo Weather for iPad in 2 months, and named as a "best new application" by Apple during December 2013.
- Launched today extension (widget) with animated weather effects, featured by Apple at iOS 8 launch.
- Industry recognition as outstanding application during tenure included -
Best Visual Design - 4th annual Lovie Award,
Webby Award's People Voice Winner - Best Visual Design-Aesthetics,
International Design Excellence Awards (IDEA) - Bronze, Crunchie Awards
2014 - Best Design Runner-Up
Consultant, XOXCO (2012 – 2013)
- Design, development, and strategic consulting on projects for clients
including Intel, Whole Foods, Turner Broadcasting, PandoDaily
Principal, Mermodynamics (2010 – present)
Designed, developed and launched minimalist software products
for the web, OS X, and iOS including
Product Manager, Google (2005 – 2010)
Product Manger, Android (2009)
- Product lead for media applications and web browser in Android 1.x to 2.x platform releases
- Product direction, strategy, and execution for the web browser and media applications in the Cupcake,
Donut, and Eclair releases.
- Drastically reduced end-user latency of the camera and web
browser through interface redesigns and performance improvements focused on the most common use cases
- Scaled web search usage and engagement orders of magnitude through platform growth coupled with and browser UI improvements
Product Manager, Orkut (2008)
- Product lead for media and photo features
- Grew daily photo uploads 5x over a year to become the largest photo sharing site in the world by volume, doubling photo-related pageviews.
- Launched photo comments, with millions of engagements per day, and other features to create a world class photo sharing experience at scale including:
albums, bulk uploader, editing and reordering
Associate Product Manager, Google Books (2005 – 2007)
- Responsibilities spanned user experience, search quality, metadata, and library-focused features
- Created the world's largest downloadable digital book repository by providing PDFs for public domain books
- Increased books searchable on Google from single digits to millions through the launch of public domain and in-copyright books bulk scanned from libraries
- Led design and launch of comprehensive book reference pages - including automatically extracted structural data, keywords, citations, and common phrase re-use from books along with reviews and references from the web
- Launched corpus browsing features to enable exploration of books beyond search
- Productized work with research teams on research projects in machine learning, data extraction, and more that led to patentable innovative features
- Joined as a member of one of the early classes of Google's APM
program, an accelerated product management rotation product for recent
Cofounder, Consumating.com (2003 – 2005)
- Sold to CNet in 2005.
- Co-created dating site that was a first to use tags for communication and search.