To create products that are beautiful, functional, and delightful.
- Years of product management experience launching and improving
software at Google along with experience personally creating
products as an entrepreneur.
- An education in library and information science in addition to
computer science that brings a unique perspective to projects.
Director of Product Management, Yahoo (2013 – present)
- Product lead for Yahoo Weather native mobile apps.
- Launched iPad version: named a "Best New App" and "Editor's
Choice" by Apple.
Consultant, XOXCO (2012 – 2013)
- Design, development, and strategic consulting on projects for clients
including Intel, Whole Foods, Turner Broadcasting, PandoDaily
Principal, Mermodynamics (2010 – present)
Designed, developed and launched minimalist software products
for the web, OS X, and iOS including
Product Manager, Google (2005 – 2010)
- Determined product direction for the web browser
and media applications in the Cupcake, Donut, and Eclair releases.
- Drastically reduced end-user latency of the camera and web browser through interface redesigns and performance improvements focused on the most common use cases.
- Owned media and photo features.
- Launched photo comments and other features to scale the
photo experience: albums, bulk uploader and editor, reordering,
higher upload limits.
- Grew daily photo uploads 5x over the year to become the largest photo sharing site in the
world by volume. Doubled photo-related pageviews.
Google Book Search (2005 – 2007)
- Responsible for user experience, search quality, metadata,
and library-related features.
- Created the world's largest downloadable digital book
repository with PDFs of public domain books.
- Led design of tools to automatically extract structural
information, keywords, citations, and quotations from books.
- Launched public domain and in-copyright books scanned from libraries, increasing
corpus size to millions of books.
- Launched corpus browsing features to enable exploration of
books beyond search.
Cofounder, Consumating.com (2003 – 2005)
- Sold to CNet in 2005.
- Co-created dating site that was a first to use tags for communication and search.
Teaching Assistant, Graduate School of Library and
Information Science, UIUC (2004 – 2005)
- Assisted with graduate level courses in electronic
publishing and document modeling.